I say it a lot, the WordPress community is so strong not just because of the designers and developers that physically make the WordPress software, but because of everybody in the community. This week I chat with Cami Kaos, she runs WordCamp Central. If you’ve been to a WordCamp event in the recent past, one of the many reasons it was a success was because of the great work that Cami and the rest of the team do.
Here is some of what we chat about:
- John is terrible at booking travel
- Cami’s history with WordPress
- Mod Podge is glue and a hodgepodge is a mix of things
- Helping people at WordCamps
- Calling all organizers for WordCamp Portland!
- Become a WordCamp Organizer
- What is that WordCamp Central and what do they do?
- Getting involved with the WordPress community
- A bit about un-conferences
- Swearing in podcasts, blog posts and social media